creative writing

The National Student, Update!

12:37


I am currently the music editor of a very lovely, very fun, very well managed site; The National Student. After regularly contributing entertainment article to the sites, it’s coming up to my one year anniversary of being the music editor. Eeeep. Responsibility.
Reflecting on the year and scrolling down my writer profile, it’s rather touching.
I’ve been able to share the singles that I love as ‘Fresher Sounds’. Then, I’ve been able to write ‘Introducing’ pieces on artists such as Frances, and SOAK who have gone on to achieve shortlist places for the Mercury Prize and the Brits Critic Choice. I’ve woken up in the morning to have albums and EPs on my doormat sent over before release, just so my little ears can be graced to review.
Getting into festivals, guest list for gigs and even attending the Mercury Prize Award. TNS offer it all.
Though above all, my favourite memories come from interviews. Nothing beats the nerves of having a crumbled bit of paper in your hand as you go backstage, or on a tour bus, to meet somebody who has influenced your listening life.
This year I’ve had the chance to chat to a hungover Peace, an infectious laugher ESKA, space cadet Misty Miller, clueless guys The Wombats, wannabe clarinet player Saint Raymond, not furry Eliza and The Bear, poetic geniuses Spector, and that’s just a handful.
With this, I’ve compiled list features of top songs from Amy Winehouse and Joy Division, and the top Bond theme songs. Then gone on to look after the weekly new music round up of ‘Fresher Sounds’.
I’m excited to carry on this musical writing journey, and feel free to join me! 
Message me with your favourite songs or artists.
Or even drop me an email tanyelgumushan@hotmail.co.uk if you’re interested in joining the team!
Thanks for listening

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments